The Washington State Attorney General’s Office’s Criminal Justice Division (CRJ) in Seattle is accepting applications from qualified candidates for two positions. The first position is within the CRJ’s Criminal Litigation Unit, the other within the CRJ’s Sexually Violent Predator Unit.
Please review the attached postings for complete position descriptions and application instructions.
The Attorney General’s Office respects and encourages diversity in the work force. The Office of the Attorney General is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity diversity, age, honorably discharged veteran, veteran status, or the presence of any sensory, mental or physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability. Persons requiring reasonable accommodation in the application process or requiring any information in an alternative format may contact Kim Siebs at (206) 389-2401 or the Washington Relay Service at 1-800-676-3777 or www.washingtonrelay.com.
Legal Employment Opportunities with E·Land Group
Established in 1980, E·Land Group is the largest integrated fashion and retail company in Korea, and prides itself on market innovation, creativity and leadership. While fashion and retail remain at its core, E·Land has successfully expanded into the hospitality, restaurant, leisure, e-business and construction sectors, where it identifies significant opportunities for growth. Today, E·Land’s operations cover China, United States, United Kingdom, Vietnam and Sri Lanka, among others. In China alone, there are more than 20 entities under E·Land Group covering women’s clothing, menswear, childrenswear, innerwear, accessories, etc.
In 2012, E·Land’s gross revenue worldwide has reached $8 billion, with $1.5 billion revenue alone coming from China. E·Land continues to grow at a fast pace and would like to seek new attorneys who can identify with our vision and be part of the global legal affairs team.
Job Position & Description:
► Position: In-House Counsel, Global Legal Affairs Department
► Job Description: Conduct Due Diligence, Review & Negotiate Contracts, Write Legal Reports in Korean on Global Transactions such as Cross-Border M&A, Joint Venture, Joint Investment, Financing, Licensing, and etc.
► Education: J.D. Graduates or J.D. Candidates (Bar Admitted or Bar Candidates)
► Language: Must be fluent in both English and Korean
► Location: Must be willing to relocate to Seoul, Korea
How to Apply (Instructions)
Interested candidates should follow these steps to apply (available only in Korean):
► Deadline for Application: April 7, 2013
► Initial Interview & Aptitude Test (for applicants who pass the resume review)
– Location: New York City & Los Angeles
– Dates: Tentatively scheduled for April 15-19, 2013
For further inquiries, please contact Mr. Kijun Hong at hong_kijun [at] eland [dot] co [dot] kr or by phone at 82-2-2029-3401
법률 전문가의 꿈, 세계까지 누비는 것은 어떻습니까?
글로벌 기업 이랜드와 함께할 인재를 모십니다.
□ 기업 소개
1980년에 창립된 이랜드그룹은 대한민국 유통 업계 1위의 기업으로서 주로 패션과 프랜차이즈, 레저 분야에 주력하고 있습니다. 캐주얼, 여성, 잡화, 아동, 스포츠 분야에서 57개의 핵심 브랜드를 보유하고 있으며 엘레쎄, 뉴발란스, 버그 하우스 등 글로벌 브랜드의 라이선스 사업 및 케이트 스페이드 합작투자 사업을 약 4800개의 가맹점을 통해 전개 중입니다.
이랜드그룹의 해외 자회사는 미국을 비롯 영국, 이탈리아, 중국, 인디아, 베트남 등지에 진출해 있으며 1994년부터 진출한 중국의 경우 여성, 아동, 잡화 등 패션 리테일 분야에서 20개 이상의 브랜드를 성공적으로 전개하고 있습니다.
이랜드그룹의 2012년 총 매출은 10조원이고 이중 중국에서만 약 2조원의 매출을 올리고 있으며 가장 성공한 기업으로 중국 당국의 표창을 받기도 했습니다.
□ 직급 및 직무
► 국제 법무팀 미국변호사
► 글로벌 인수합병, Joint Venture, 합작투자, 금융, 라이선스 등 글로벌 Transaction과
관련된 계약서 검토, 실사, 협상, 내부 보고서 작업, 국제 법률 자문 등 업무 수행
► JD 기졸업자(라이센스 취득자) 및 2013년 5월 졸업예정자(7월 Bar시험 응시자)
► 영어 및 한국어 능통자 (영주권 또는 시민권자도 지원 가능)
► 서울에서 거주하는 데 문제가 없어야 함, 해외 주재원 근무 가능자
► 2013년 8월 기준 병역의무를 필했거나 면제받은 인원
서류전형 à 면접/직무적성검사(미국 현지) à 건강검진 à 입사
□ 지원기간 : 2013년 3월 22일(금) ~ 4월 7일(일), 한국시간 기준
- 이랜드그룹 채용사이트 https://www.elandscout.com/Apply/Apply.asp
[채용구분]→ [2013이랜드그룹 미국 로스쿨 현지 채용] 선택 후 온라인 접수
※ 반드시 한글로 작성해야 하고, E-mail을 통한 개별지원은 받지 않습니다.
□ 미국 현지 면접 & 직무적성 검사: 서류전형 합격자에 한해 장소 시간 개별 공지
► 서부(LA) : 4월15,16일
► 동부(NY): 4월 18,19 일
※ 위 일정은 서류전형 합격자가 매우 적을 경우 일정이 변경 또는 취소될 수 있음
□ 최종 면접/채용건강검진 : 현지 면접&직무적성 검사 합격자에 한해 개별 연락
□ 문의사항: 인사담당자: hong_kijun [at] eland [dot] co [dot] kr / 82-2-2029-3401
The Criminal Division is currently seeking applications for deputy assistant openings. Please feel free to forward the announcement to anyone you know who may be interested. Note: Applicants must be Washington State Bar Qualified at the time of application.
K&L Gates has advised clients on a wide spectrum of issues in Korea including mergers and acquisitions, international arbitration, banking, corporate finance, employment matters, international trade, IP, joint ventures, and engineering and construction projects.
K&L Gates has also advised clients on cross border securitization of Korean assets.
For more information about K&L Gates in Korea, click here.
K&L Gates LLP Foreign Legal Consultant Office
Suite 2711, West Center, Center 1 Building
26 Euljiro 5-gil, Jung-gu
Seoul 100-210, Republic of Korea
The Seattle Office for Civil Rights (SOCR) is seeking qualified applicants for two full-time Civil Rights Analyst positions. (Please see attached job description). The primary function of a Civil Rights Analyst is to investigate complaints of discrimination in employment, housing, public accommodations, contracting equity, and Seattle’s Paid Sick and Safe Time Ordinance, filed under Seattle ordinances and state and federal statutes.
A Civil Rights Analyst:
- Receives and investigates complaints of discrimination;
- Plans case strategies;
- Applies legal theories of discrimination;
- Interviews parties and witnesses;
- Conducts fact-finding and resolution conferences;
- Prepares witness statements and affidavits;
- Collects and analyzes evidence;
- Writes findings of fact;
- Negotiates settlements and conciliation agreements;
- Performs training regarding discrimination laws and policies and paid sick and safe time;
- Maintains case files and manages a case load.
Civil Rights Analysts have production requirements and work under only general supervision. The work of SOCR’s Enforcement Division is subject to judicial scrutiny and must meet procedural and technical standards to withstand legal challenges.
SOCR is committed to creating an organization free of institutional racism. Successful candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the relationship of race, racism, and multiculturalism to their job function and their commitment to creating organizations free of racism.
THE SEATTLE OFFICE FOR CIVIL RIGHTS
810 Third Avenue, Suite 750
Seattle, Washington 98104-1627
*Reasonable accommodation and language interpretive services are available upon your request.
This part-time, staff attorney position is responsible for supporting the Commercial Litigation practice in the Seattle office of Davis Wright Tremaine LLP. Primary duties include drafting pleadings, correspondence, motions to dismiss, etc., associated with mortgage-related litigation.
Additionally, the attorney will be responsible for arguing motions in state and federal court; interacting with opposing counsel and clients on a regular basis; researching relevant authorities, and tracking case deadlines.
Position qualifications: a JD degree and membership in the Washington State bar; 3+ years of experience in a commercial litigation practice; strong legal writing skills — compelling brief writing is essential; ability to meet deadlines, particularly for reply briefs with 2-3 day turnaround times; familiarity with Washington Deed of Trust Act, Uniform Commercial Code, Consumer Protection Act, and Truth in Lending Act a plus, though not required. The ability to work independently is required.
Please upload a resume, cover letter, law transcript, and writing sample to http://www.dwt.com/Staff-
- Position: Foreign Legal Team at E-Land Group
- Pay: Negotiable
- Minimum 3 years of legal experience (post-Bar) in contracts, joint ventures, and M&A
- Licensed in a US jurisdiction
- Bilingual in Korean and English
- Willingness to relocate to Seoul, Korea
- Available to start immediately
***Please submit: Cover letter, Resume (if possible, please provide both Korean and English resume) to Andrew Lee at lee_jeungmin [at] eland [dot] co [dot] kr
Company: Thurston County Government
Annual Salary: $10,542/month
Location: Olympia, WA
Closing Date: December 14, 2012 at 5:00 p.m.
As a member of Thurston County’s Superior Court Judicial Team and reporting to the Court’s Presiding Judge, the Court Commissioner presides over assigned hearings; makes rulings, findings, judgments, and orders. The incumbent ensures that hearings are managed and services are provided in accordance with the Court’s mission, vision, and objectives.
This is an appointed, “at-will” position and serves at the pleasure of the Board of Judges. Additionally, if hired, Court Commissioners cannot engage in active practice of law during employment with the Court.
- Conducts court calendars; presides over hearings; makes rulings, findings, judgments, and orders.
- Rules on matters ex parte.
- As assigned, presides over proceedings in various judicial areas, which may include hearing civil and offender juvenile matters as well as domestic relations and domestic violence matters. Assignments may include: family law, juvenile court, domestic relations, mental illness hearings, criminal arraignments, treatment court proceedings, warrants, and other matters as delegated by the Board of Judges.
- Reviews court files, documents, and related materials to assess cases before and after hearings; prepares court documents, records, reports, correspondence, and other written materials pertaining to case findings.
- Presents statements of fact and law and communicates clearly and logically in written and oral form, both to attorneys and self-represented parties.
- Defines issues, performs legal research, analyzes problems, evaluates alternatives, and makes appropriate findings and recommendations.
- Prepares clear and concise decisions and summaries of factual and legal issues.
- Effectively represents the court in contacts with the public, attorneys, law enforcement agencies, and other government jurisdictions.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative working relationships. Works well with the public and staff, including employees of court administration, the Clerk’s Office, and the jail.
- Understands current social and economic problems and the way in which those problems affect families and juveniles.
- Engages with issues of domestic violence and juvenile matters.
- Deals tactfully and effectively in emotional and adversarial proceedings.
- Understands and abides by the Code of Judicial Conduct and other ethical mandates.
For more information on this employment opportunity, qualification requirements and how to apply, please visit: http://www.co.thurston.wa.us/hr/position-descriptions/a%20Complete%20Recruitment%20Packet.pdf
We at Davis Wright Tremaine, believe that a diverse workforce provides better service to our clients and a better work environment for our attorneys and staff. We have thus made recruitment, retention and promotion of attorneys who add to our overall diversity, including attorneys of color and underrepresented groups, a priority for our firm.
To help us meet our commitment to diversity, we have established the Davis Wright Tremaine 1L Diversity Scholarship Program. We offer two scholarships (one position in our Seattle office and one position in our Portland office), which consist of a paid Summer Clerkship and $7,500 for the student’s second year tuition and expenses.
The Diversity Scholarships are open to all first-year law students of color, or others of diverse backgrounds, who:
- Have a record of academic achievement in both undergraduate school and the first year of law school that demonstrates promise for a successful career in law
- Are committed to civic involvement that promotes diversity and will continue that commitment upon entering the legal profession
- Are committed to practicing in the Northwest after law school
Please submit the following materials, unstapled and one-sided:
- Current resume
- Copy of your complete undergraduate transcript
- Copy of your grades from the first semester of law school (if grades are not available by the application deadline, please supplement the application as soon as possible)
- One-page essay indicating the applicant’s eligibility for a scholarship and connection to the Northwest
- Legal writing sample un-edited by a third party
- List of two or three references, one of whom should be a person qualified to comment on the applicant’s law school work
Although demonstrated need may be taken into account, applicants need not disclose their financial circumstances.
Applications for the coming year must be received on or before January 16, 2013. Interviews will be scheduled for finalists before scholarships are awarded. Questions can be directed to:
BrookDormaier [at] dwt [dot] com
DanDiresta [at] dwt [dot] com
The Branding, E-Commerce, Technology & Advertising practice in the Seattle office of Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is seeking a mid-level associate to join its team.
This practice serves as counsel to companies ranging from start-ups to established multinational companies on a wide range of transactional and advisory matters including software licensing, content licensing distribution, software and technology development, technology transfer, strategic transactions, entertainment transactions, and data security and privacy laws.
Qualified candidates will have between four and eight years of technology or other relevant transactional experience, well-developed drafting and problem-solving skills and a desire to be part of a growth-oriented team. Experience with payment systems and/or telecommunications transactions is a plus, but not required. Please apply to our website and attach a cover letter, resume, and law school transcript to Kathleen Shaw.