Do you want to work for a dynamic, entrepreneurial firm where the attorneys work collaboratively to achieve individual and collective success? Then we urge you to consider Riddell Williams. At Riddell Williams, we acknowledge and respect the differences of each person in our firm. Through our ongoing commitment to diversity, we foster mutual understanding, support and trust. This includes education, mentoring, training and encouraging community leadership activities.
To further this commitment, we are proud to offer the Riddell Williams (RW) Diversity Fellowship. Our Fellowship includes a salaried summer associate position in addition to a $7,500 scholarship to defray tuition and expenses during the academic year.
We recognize that diversity can exhibit itself in many different forms, including gender, race, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, marital status, disability, socioeconomic circumstances, geographic background, sexual orientation and family circumstances. We will place particular emphasis on candidates who are members of groups that are historically under-represented in the legal profession and at RW.
Applications are solicited from candidates each year based on the following criteria:
- The candidate will be enrolled as a second-year law student in the fall of 2012 and in good standing for a JD degree at an ABA-accredited law school;
- The candidate must possess a distinguished academic record, leadership ability, commitment to community service, and personal and professional accomplishments that demonstrate promise for a successful legal career;
- The candidate’s background and experience must demonstrate the ability to make continuing contributions to the diversity of RW and the legal profession; and
- The candidate must express interest in our practice areas and commitment to building their practice in the Seattle area.
- A current résumé;
- An undergraduate and law school transcript (unofficial copies are acceptable); and
- A one to two page personal statement addressing the selection criteria and explaining why the candidate believes that his or her background and experience would contribute to enhancing the diversity of RW and the legal profession.
Interested students should mail or email applications by September 7th to:
Recruiting and HR Manager
Riddell Williams P.S.
1001 Fourth Avenue, Suite 4500
Seattle, WA 98154-1192
rmisich [at] riddellwilliams [dot] com